Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Where's Spring? Another Snowday to stay home and create....

















Hi all!  I hope you are all having a wonderful day!  No school today here in  beautiful northwest Michigan.  We had a snowstorm with lots of thunder and lightening last night, it was crazy.  I almost started to sing "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!!!"  I always try to look on the bright side of a situation....so I am taking advantage of a day off of school/work to finish some projects.  Decided also to work on some tassels. I love making all types of them, and normally make tradition tassels but thought I'd try some shabby country cottage styles.  Hope you like them, I sure had fun making them!  My sister did a wonderful job of collecting old family photos from relatives around the area so I decided to use an old photo of an Aunt wearing this cool hat and a long dress while holding one of her siblings.  I'm excited to show it to my sister!  Then I took one of those aprons you can buy for under a $1 at Home Depot and dolled it up with lace and ruffles.  Please let me know what you think!  God Bless you all and thanks for visiting! Teri

4 comments:

  1. Remind me never to move to Michigan if you are still having snowstorms
    on April 20th. I just mowed my grass for the first time today. Wishing you a Happy May Day and some spring-like weather tomorrow.
    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosemary! Where do you live? I want to move there!!! Happy May Day a bit late to you also!! We actually did see the sun on May Day, it was about 66 degrees, but the wind was strong and cool, brr.
    Happy Spring!!!!
    xo, Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what lovely things you make. Love them! Snow in April, never gonna happen here in Texas, but your photo is beautiful.
    Love how you've arranged your blog. xx's Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the kind words Marsha! I LOVE Splenderosa! I have friends in Austin and Ft. Hood, I'm thinking maybe I should visit one day and check out the state since I've never been there! I hear it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete