Thursday, March 31, 2011

Another Beautiful Sunshine-filled Day of Creating




Decided to make a fancy pincushion, something a bit victorian-ish.  Found a beautiful pair of vintage clip earrings at the local antique shop on Sunday, I hadn't expected to be putting them to use this soon but they just complimented the lace so well.  I removed the backs from them and hot glued one of them to my victorian pincushion.  Not sure I'd use the ribbon again, I had it in longer pieces hanging over the side then didn't like how it looked so I cut it, now I'm just not sure about it.  Also had to try my hand at a crescent moon pillow that I have been wanting to make.  Just made the pattern myself and used gold shantung fabric that I had left over from another project, added some beads to accent.  Still not sure what else (if anything) to add to it....a smiling face perhaps?  Ah, that's what it's all about ... trial and error, right?  Hope you like them!

8 comments:

  1. I love them, I think the moon is adorable as is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob! Don't ya love that vintage earring on the pin cushion?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it is beautiful! very vintage looking - ah - the vintage earing - superb (just read your comment!)

    Thank you for visiting too ~ I'm sure Miss Grey will not be offended LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, what a gorgeous Victorian pin cushion! Great repurpose of a vintage earring too!
    Thanks for your lovely compliments on my blog:)
    I am following yours now so I can see all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Debbi, I'm glad that you like the pin cushion, thanks for commenting! And..you are most welcome for the compliments, you greatly deserve them! Teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous blog and post...thanks for visiting so I could come and find you!
    Joys and Blessings!
    Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Teri~ I love that you repurposed those vintage earrings~ I'm admiring your crazy quilt pillow on your sideboard, it's lovely & you're so creative! Thanks for your sweet note, I see you have adorable shihtzu furbabies now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Teri Ann,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Marco Island to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete